Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Couple of Exercise Gems to Help You Align your Body with your Mind


Recently I experienced some unwelcome tension in my neck and shoulders. Even some super duper over-the-counter miracle tablets did not seem to phase this record breaking tension I was experiencing. I was working at a desk and on the computer, and I had plans that night I looked forward too and did not want to reschedule.

I was faced with figuring out a way to help relieve the tension that had taken hold of my delicate body. Normally I am challenged with mental thoughts that sometimes invade my mind. However, this day I was doing beautifully mentally. It was my body that was out of sync, and not cooperating with the whole mind-body-spirit experience.

So I went online and found a couple very effective exercises that I wanted to share with all of you. The site was titled Fitness is Fun and the address was, http://www.backhealth.net/backhealth/fitness/workexercise.htm.

If you work at a desk or computer often, or if you are just feeling tension in your neck and shoulders, please try these simple yet extremely effective exercises and enjoy the results. For me, the tension had weakened and I felt more energy.

ENJOY!!!!

Relieve Upper Back and Shoulder Tension (Standing or Sitting)
· Lift your hands to your shoulders
· Keep your elbows down and push your shoulders back
· Hold for 15 seconds

Do this five times

Relieve Back, Neck and Shoulder Tension (Standing or Sitting)
· Inhale and raise your shoulders to touch your ears
· While raised, push your shoulders back and exhale
· Relax shoulders

Do this five times.

Relieve Neck and Shoulder Tension (Standing or Sitting)
· Inhale and slowly turn your head to the right until you feel your neck muscles pull. Hold for five
seconds.
. Exhale and return your head to face straight ahead.
· Inhale and slowly turn your head to the left until you feel your neck muscles pull. Hold for five
seconds.
· Exhale and return you head to face straight ahead.

Do this five times

No comments: