Tuesday, July 22, 2008

An Enlightenment Poem to Enlighten Your Day


Hello everyone,
I was feeling slightly out of touch with my spiritual side this week; 3 traffic jams, encounters with grumpy people, and arriving 40 minutes late to an appointment can do that to you.

To help fend off the mental anxiety of nearly cursing out this day, I found solace in a poem I refer to often. I wanted to share it with you in case you find yourself feeling stressed or overwhelmed.


Source: My Journey to Enlightenment Source, theoneistheall.wordpress.com

Dazed and confused title turned to trauma,
light turns again to night
another day occupied with thoughts
of how should's and how can's,
where's this bliss? where's the joy?
Trying to create something which is already created.
Peel away the layers of trying and wanting and
pretending and all that remains is truth.
Everything flows perfectly when there is no struggling,
no wanting and fighting. The perfect flow is there.
Release the how can I’s, the what if’s the when’s and the why’s.
Embrace the IS.
Embrace the NOW.

1 comment:

Jamaica Mon said...

Yes, good literature can help us escape the troubles of our daily lives. Bravo to writers everywhere!